QUICK FIXINS: Greek Pasta Salad



This recipe is so quick and easy, and perfect for those summer cookouts! The first time I made this recipe, my fiance ate over half of it! That's over half a pound of pasta and vegetables! He is obsessed with it! So every time we go to a potluck or cookout, I throw together a big bowl of pasta salad, making sure to keep behind a few servings for him!

First, boil your pasta until al-dente (or to your preference). I use penne pasta, but you can use any type of pasta you prefer: elbow, bow-tie, rotinni, even egg noodles!



Next, make your vinaigrette. You can use either white or black balsamic vinegar, the taste is virtually identical. However, if you use black balsamic (like me) the color of this beautiful salad is muddied a bit. But, it's what I always have on had, so that's what I use. The white balsamic vinegar makes a prettier salad, but at the end of the day, it tastes just the same.

I like to put all the ingredients in a jar and shake it all up to mix easily! Add your olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and basil. It's hard to find fresh basil where I live, so I use this pre-minced basil. 1/3 cup is almost the entire tube.



Next, chop up your onion, roasted red bell peppers, olives & English cucumber. Add them to your quartered artichoke hearts and feta cheese.



Then, throw it all together in a large bowl! I mix mine up in a large pasta pot, so there is plenty of room for mixing. Then cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight!
















Comments