QUICK FIXINS: Dorito Chili Pie



This recipe is another quick and easy meal from my childhood. I ate a traditional chili pie from the concession stand when my family would go to Soggy Bottom Speedway (now Cedar Ridge) dirt track in Morgantown, KY. Between the chili pie, burgers and hot dogs on steamed buns, and crispy cheese sticks, our trips to Soggy Bottom became more about the food for me than the racing. I sometimes find myself craving concession stand food, and this meal really hits the spot

I was reintroduced to this meal when staying with my mom's side of the family. Instead of using overwhelmingly salty Fritos, they used cheesy delicious Doritos, with lots of fixins. Their version was more like the "walking tacos" of today, except with chili! Of course you can use your own chili or hot dog chili recipe, but we just use canned chili.



So, this meal only requires you to heat up your chili, and chop your fixins. Easy peasy! I like the white parts of a green onion, jalapenos, tomatoes, and some nacho cheese dip! But you can add whatever toppings you like! Layer them like nachos and get munching!








Comments